Dear: Resident Student
Yesterday late afternoon, we received a letter from the minister of Higher Education and Training, regarding the measures that all Post-school institutions must implement. The decisions taken by the Minister and his team are applicable to all institutions, public and private.
All institutions are to close down with effect 18 March 2020, and send the students home in order to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In compliance, residences will be closed from Friday 20 March 2020 and students have to vacate their rooms and go back home.
Although you will not be on campus, we strongly advise you to abide by the World Health Organization recommendations in order to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This includes:
- Limit social interaction;
- Maintain social distancing, maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone else at all times;
- Not shake hands or hug;
- Take extra care of personal hygiene, particularly the practice of hand-hygiene;
- Practise respiratory hygiene, this means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Self-quarantine if you show any flu-like-, cold- or similar respiratory symptoms such as cough. You are required to practice self-quarantine and inform the authorities helpline immediately on 0800029999. You also have the obligation to inform Belgium Campus Management of your situation so that further risk management and evaluations can be taken.
At this stage we are preparing to re-open on 14 April 2020. However, the global developments show no indication that the pandemic will be over soon, nor that life will resume as normal. The COVID-19 virus is most likely going to be around for a while, requiring the Government to keep on implementing certain measures to limit the spread. We will keep you informed on further developments in compliance with Government’s measures.