COVID-19 Student Communique
Following the president’s address on 27 June 2021, the country has been placed under lockdown alert level-4 from 28 June 2021 to 11 July 2021.
With this in mind, Belgium Campus iTversity would like students on all three campuses to take note of the following information:
- The current lockdown level-4 period falls during our student leave period and therefore does not affect students at this point in time.
- Classes are expected to resume as normal on 12 July 2021 after the set lockdown alert level-4 period. Should there be tighter restrictions imposed and/or the lockdown period extended, all classes will move online with immediate effect.
- Classrooms will be made available for students who would like to utilise the campus infrastructure with additional social distancing implemented.
- Deaf students will be provided with a larger classroom to ensure continuation of lessons and adherence to COVID-19 regulations.
- Students’ residences will remain open for occupancy at both the Tshwane and Nelson Mandela Bay campuses.
- The cafeteria at both Tshwane and Nelson Mandela Bay campuses will only serve meals as take-away. The cafeteria will still be closed during weekends and holidays but the tuck-shop at the Tshwane campus will remain open.
- Should you require an inter-provincial travel permit, parents and students are advised to make use of the affidavit in the Government Gazette on page 21 which must be certified at a police station or magistrate’s office. The Government Gazette can be accessed at the following link: https://www.cogta.gov.za/index.php/2021/06/28/disaster-management-act-57-2002-amendment-of-regulations-issued-in-terms-of-section-27-2-4/
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the COVID-19 health and safety rules and regulations that must be followed at all times whilst on campus, and that it is of utmost importance to complete the on-campus screening daily. These include:
- Completing pre-screening questionnaire via the Belgium Campus Screening app (available on Google Play Store, Apple AppStore and Huawei AppGallery) or at screening.belgiumcampus.ac.za before arriving on campus. Follow the instructions on the app accordingly.
- Wearing an appropriate mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times.
- Adhering to physical and social distancing rules. This means keeping a distance of at least 1.5 meters, preferably 2 meters, between yourself and those around you. Please note that the current variant of the COVID-19 virus is far more contagious than the previous variant, so please be extra careful.
- Following basic hygiene practices. This includes properly washing or sanitising your hands regularly.
- Anyone showing COVID symptoms who has been in close contact with a COVID positive person, need to please stay home.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our campus, and yourself, safe!
Should you require further information/clarification, please don’t hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 010 593 5368.
The Belgium Campus iTversity team