COVID-19 communication to Belgium Campus staff and students
Dear Belgium Campus iTversity Community,
We would like to thank the Belgium Campus community for following the COVID-19 protocols implemented around all our campuses since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is through a collective effort that we have been able to protect ourselves, our families and everyone around us against the COVID-19 virus as much as possible.
Many members of the Belgium Campus community have contracted the virus which has made some of them ill and sadly, some of them have succumbed to the illness. As we are seeing the decline of the third wave, it is still important that we do our best to curb the spread of this virus. Although the President announced the move to Lockdown level 3, we have decided to continue with online classes for the safety of our students and our staff until the 27th of August. However, students who need to make use of the infrastructure and would benefit from returning to campus, are welcome to do so if one of the following conditions is met
- The student is a residence student
- The student is a Deaf student
- The student does not have the necessary infrastructure at home to attend online classes
- The student does not have sufficient data to attend online classes
- The area that the student is using at home is not conducive for learning.
Some important notes:
- If you plan to attend classes on campus, please bring your own earphones to attend class
- If you attend online, you are required to make use of your camera at all times
We understand that there are students who may be in need of support due to the impact of the pandemic and we would like those students to know that the lecturers and student support team are accessible for academic, emotional and psychological support.
Student Consultation Sessions Update:
- Students need to contact the lecturer via email, at least two days prior, to arrange a consultation session
- Consultation sessions will remain on Fridays between 10am – 12pm and 3pm – 5pm.
- The faculty will soon be arranging remedial classes for selected subjects on Fridays and students will attend per invitation. The invitations to the remedial classes for certain subjects will be sent out shortly.
- Students need to ensure that if they book their consultation sessions on a Friday that they are not scheduled for a remedial class.
Together, we will get through this!
Should you need further information and/or clarification, please contact your designated COVID-19 Compliance Officer:
Tshwane Campus – Francois Venter & Melody Mandinyenya
Kempton Park – Francois Smit
P.E. / Gqeberha – Danelle Kruger
For any academic queries, please direct your email at Ms Annelien Loest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Belgium Campus iTversity Management