Belgium Campus COVID-19 Communication (7)
Dear: Students, Parents and Staff
During Monday night’s State of the Nation Address, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced a 21-day national lockdown starting 26 March at midnight. The terms of this lockdown include the closure of all companies that are not essential to the production and transport of food, basic goods and medical supplies. However, companies who are able to continue their operations remotely have been encouraged to do so.
Following this address, Belgium Campus iTversity would like to assure parents and students that every possible measure is being implemented to continue with the academic year. Online classes will commence on 15 April as previously communicated and we ask that all tuition payments continue as scheduled to allow for this.
Online classes will be recorded and made available to students for revision purposes and for students who, for one reason or another, were unable to join a class. The classes will enable students to interact directly with their lecturers and peers during class time and after classes through dedicated groups and chat forums. Further information and logistical arrangements will be communicated to students and parents via email and will also be made available on students’ online portals and through Microsoft Teams.
Residence students will be allowed to occupy residence after the lockdown. Under no circumstances will students be permitted to occupy residence at an earlier date. Please note: this date is currently 17 April but is subject to change dependant on further communication from the Government. We encourage parents/students to continue making residence payments as scheduled. Lost time will likely be caught up during the holidays and residence accommodation will be made available during this time.
We ask all members of the Belgium Campus community to play their part to remain safe during this difficult time. Continue to follow the precautionary measures outlined by the World Health Organization and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases and comply with all instructions provided by the Government to mitigate the spread of the virus. This includes the following:
- Stay at home and avoid public places;
- Only leave home to seek medical care and/or to buy food, medicine and other necessities;
- Limit social interaction;
- Maintain social distancing, maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone else at all times;
- Do not shake hands or hug;
- Take extra care of personal hygiene, wash hands frequently with hand sanitizers or soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Practise respiratory hygiene, this means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- If you think you have contracted the COVID-19 virus, you are required to inform the authorities’ helpline immediately on 0800029999 and inform Belgium Campus iTversity.
Belgium Campus iTversity Management