Belgium Campus COVID-19 Communication (6)
Dear: Parents and Students
Belgium Campus iTversity has received new communication from the Department of Higher Education and Training surrounding COVID-19 and the reopening of higher education institutions.
In compliance with this communication, classes at Belgium Campus will resume on 15 April 2020. Residence students will therefore be able to take up residence from 14 April 2020. Under no circumstances will residence students be able to return earlier than this date. Please note: future directive from the Minister of Higher Education may affect these dates.
We are in the process of implementing 14 virtual studios to ensure that in the event we are unable to resume contact classes, online classes will start 15 April 2020. Further information regarding these classes will be communicated to you shortly.
Our entire faculty and technical staff are preparing online classes, if needed, to ensure that we are able to resume classes on time. We intend to make use of Microsoft Teams over Canvas. This tool will provide our students with the same dedicated attention and interactive experience as our contact classes do, by allowing them to communicate with their lecturers and their peers virtually. Further logistical details will be communicated in due time.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone continues to stay safe and follows the precautionary measures outlined by the World Health Organization and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases to mitigate the spread of the virus. This includes the following:
- Limit social interaction;
- Maintain social distancing, maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone else at all times;
- Not shake hands or hug;
- Take extra care of personal hygiene, particularly the practice of hand-hygiene;
- Practise respiratory hygiene, this means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Self-quarantine if you show any flu-like-, cold- or similar respiratory symptoms such as cough. You are required to practice self-quarantine and inform the authorities’ helpline immediately on 0800029999 and inform Belgium Campus iTversity.
Belgium Campus iTversity Management