COVID-19 Communication 24 - Return of Students Under Lockdown Level 1
Dear Students and Parents
Following the move to level 1 of the national lockdown, Belgium Campus iTversity is permitted to invite 100% of students back to campus. This must be done in adherence with social distancing protocols and venue capacity rules. We are pleased to inform you that we are able to safely accommodate all our Port Elizabeth students back on campus under the current lockdown level.
With the above in mind, all Port Elizabeth students are required to return to campus from 15 March 2021 to resume face-to-face classes.
NB: Should the country move to a stricter lockdown level, we will adapt our approach to ensure that we are in adherence with the rules and regulations provided by the DHET and the government.
Campus Rules and Regulations
All returning students must do so in accordance with government regulations and under strict health and safety protocols. These include:
- Staying at home and attending classes online if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (most commonly fever, dry cough, tiredness and/or loss of taste or smell).
- Completing daily COVID-19 pre-screening using the Belgium Campus pre-screening app (available on Google Play Store, Apple AppStore and Huawei AppGallery) and on-campus screening at the designated screening zone. Please ensure that you answer all pre-screening questions truthfully and that you follow the instructions given on the app.
- Carrying your student card at all times. Student cards will be used for contact tracing purposes and no student will be allowed on campus without one.
- Wearing an appropriate mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times.
- Adhering to physical and social distancing rules. This means keeping a distance of at least 1.5 meters, preferably 2 meters, between yourself and those around you.
- Following basic hygiene practices. This includes properly washing or sanitising your hands regularly.
- Adhering to venue capacity rules.
- Informing the appointed COVID-19 compliance officer ASAP if you have, or suspect that you have, been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
Mandatory COVID-19 Training
In addition to the above, all returning students are required to complete COVID-19 health and safety training and pass a test on the material covered before returning to campus. The training material and test, along with additional COVID-19 information and resources, can be found on the official Belgium Campus Teams under the COVID-19 Training Material tab: https://bit.ly/35I33p7
NB: Students who completed COVID-19 health and safety training last year are required to redo the training and retake the test in order to return to campus this year.
Additional COVID-19 Information and Resources
All students are encouraged to make use of the COVID-19 Resource Portal on our website, as well as the official South African government’s Covid-19 WhatsApp number: 060 012 3456, to stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 information. All our official COVID-19 communications can also be found on our COVID-19 Resource Portal where they are accessible to all students and parents.
Maths Bridging Course
As previously communicated, our Maths Bridging Course will take place online via Microsoft Teams from 8 March to 1 April 2021, as scheduled. We have made a limited number of face-to-face spots available for students who do not have the necessary infrastructure to attend the course online. If you haven’t already done so, you can register for the course by visiting the applicant portal and checking the applicable checkbox on your application form. A separate email will be sent to all students registered for the bridging course detailing how to attend on the day.
The wellbeing of our students and staff remains our highest priority and we are committed to ensuring that the 2021 academic year can continue as scheduled. We thank you for your understanding and support in keeping our campuses safe and operational.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information/clarification. You can send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call on 010 593 5368.
Belgium Campus iTversity management