Belgium Campus ITversity Articles
Study IT in South Africa From Anywhere in the World
As of 2021, Belgium Campus iTversity will be introducing a brand-new hybrid learning model. The model will make it possible for students to study IT in South Africa from anywhere in the world, on any device!
About the Hybrid Learning Model
Powered by HybeFlex (a system specifically designed to fill the gap in remote learning), our learning model combines the convenience of online learning with all the benefits of a face-to-face environment, giving you that in-classroom feeling regardless of where you are. Choose to study IT in South Africa online and in real-time or catch up on classes you miss at a time that is convenient for you. Our truly immersive remote learning experience places you in full control of your educational journey.
Control How and When You Study
Our hybrid learning model allows you to choose the most convenient way for you to study IT in South Africa. You can choose to:
- Study face-to-face at any of our 3 campuses.
- Study face-to-face online via videoconferencing from any location of your choice!
- Study offline and in your own time via class recordings and coursework.
With our hybrid learning model, remote students are no longer passive observers hidden behind computer screens. As a remote student, there are many ways for you to actively engage with the lecturer and your in-room peers.
- Physically or virtually raise your hand to get the lecturer’s attention.
- Directly ask the lecturer questions via your microphone or the online ask questions function.
- Participate in class discussions and debates.
- Chat privately or publicly with your peers using the online chat function.
- Participate in online class polls/quizzes and even rate your courses.
- Interact on the classroom whiteboard/ classroom presentation with permission from your lecturer.
- Share your screen/ PowerPoint presentations with the class.
- Participate in classroom projects.
- Participate in virtual reality projects.
- Participate in breakout rooms.
How It Works
Video Wall Technology
Innovative video wall technology allows each remote student to be seen by the lecturer in real-size and in real-time.
An intelligent multi-camera setup allows you to decide what you want to focus on at any point in a lesson. Switch between instructor feed, whiteboard feed, computer feed and classroom feeds, or enrich your remote learning experience by adding a supplementary feed to the corner of your screen (e.g. sign language interpreter feed/ whiteboard feed).
The Cloud Server
All class recordings, whiteboard screenshots and coursework are saved to the cloud and can be accessed for review at any time.
Our hybrid learning model allows you to focus on your studies, rather than wasting valuable time trying to understand complex technology. The systems user-friendly design and minimal hardware and software requirements make it easy for students from anywhere in the world to study IT in South Africa. All you will need is:
- – A webcam.
- – A microphone.
- – Any device that connects to the internet (computer/ tablet /phone).
- – 1Mb internet speed.
Are you ready to take full control of your educational journey? Apply to study IT in South Africa from any location, today: https://www.belgiumcampus.ac.za/applicant-portal/