Belgium Campus ITversity Articles
Why Information Technology Courses Are the Way to Go
For more and more South Africans – and especially for young people – employment is a hot topic. The marketplace is exceptionally competitive and opportunities can be scarce. Therefore, it is vital that, as a young person, you do your best to gain the relevant qualifications in growing industries to maximise your chances of employment. But where do you start? Belgium Campus ITversity and our range of innovative Information Technology courses might very well hold the answer to this question.
With a range of Information Technology courses available – and an even bigger variety of career possibilities, once qualified – this is a field that should appeal to many prospective students. The world of IT has exploded over the last few decades and it is still gaining momentum. Every aspect of our lives – and just about every industry – has “gone digital” to some extent, leading to an explosion of job opportunities across disciplines that require the skills imparted by Information Technology courses.
Here are some of the top reasons why Information Technology courses are a great investment in your future:
- There are many roles you can fill. Being in IT doesn’t mean you fix people’s computers (although you could if you wanted to). Information Technology courses can prepare you to develop software, build websites, be a network administrator, create games and apps, mine databases, and much more.
- You are entering a field with many job opportunities. Because IT is inextricably linked to every industry, experts are always in demand in this field.
- You could earn a great salary. Because of the demand for IT experts, you could earn a very good salary as you progress in your career.
- Your skills can be used almost anywhere. Aside from the fact that you can choose to work in an industry that you are passionate about, you can also take your skills just about anywhere in the world – if your qualification was obtained from a reputable and accredited institute.
Belgium Campus ITversity offers a range of information technology courses to suit every potential student:
- Bachelor’s Degree: A bachelor’s degree is the standard entry requirement for many professional careers. This is a 3-year course that can be taken full-time or part-time, with a specialisation in software development.
- Diploma: For students who require a shorter and more affordable course, a diploma in IT might be the answer. This consists of two years of academic study and one year of workplace training and offers specialisation in either software development or infrastructure.
- National Certificate: If you require a quick solution to get your IT career going, a national certificate can help get you work-ready. It also serves as a stepping stone for those who do not necessarily meet the entry requirements for the academic courses above. Certificates are available in software development, as well as database development.
To find out more about Belgium Campus ITversity and the Information Technology courses we offer, get in touch. We will gladly answer your questions, help you decide which course is best for you, and explain the application process to you.