The 3rd wave of the COVID-19 virus is looming in South Africa, with the Gauteng province showing a significant increase of positive cases. Belgium Campus iTversity would like to remind you to stay safe by continuing to adhere to the COVID-19 regulations under the current lockdown level.
- Wearing an appropriate mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times. If you haven’t received a Belgium Campus face mask, please visit reception so that you can be issued one.
- Maintaining a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres, preferably 2 meters, between yourself and those around you. This is particularly important in high-traffic areas like the campus tuck shop.
- Completing daily pre-screening via the Belgium Campus Screening app (available on Google Play Store, Apple AppStore and Huawei AppGallery) before arriving on campus and following the instructions provided by the app.
- Completing daily on-campus screening at your designated screening zone.
Essential things to do to prevent and limit the spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If neither soap nor water is available, use an alcohol-based sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a flexed elbow or tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- COVID-19 symptoms and flu symptoms are quite similar, so please take extra precaution and consult a doctor as soon as you develop symptoms.
In addition to the above, we urge all students and staff to refrain from partaking in off-campus activities that could increase the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus.
We thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping yourselves and the campus safe.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information/clarification. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 010 593 5368.